Monday 25 August 2014

August Currently

Hello Teachers pay Teachers Friends,

I am linking to Oh' Boy 4th Grade for the August Currently:http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/august-currently.html

I am listening to the sound of our chocolate brown ten year old poodle snoring contentedly beside me.  And celebrating every cha-ching I am loucky enought to hear in my best sales day second only to Dec 3, 2013 during a TpT sale.  I am amazed and grateful for every sale that proves my products are useful to my fellow teachers and making a small different in our family budget (as I am now on maternity leave expecting our first child in October :-)

I am loving the weather as it slowly warms up.  We are still having chilly August mornings - with lots of fog.  But there are more moments each day of lovely sunshine marking the end of our winter.

I am thinking of how many more things I want to have ready in our home ready to welcome our new baby bundle of joy.  We are ready because we have bought most necessities and made a bedroom into the nursery.  Hubby even pulled out our linen press to build in a "office nook" to make a charging station for our laptops and cupboard to hide away the printer.  It is a luxury that technology lets us minimise some of the stuff in our home nowadays.  Friends and family have been very generous with thoughtful gifts for our little one - so we are in the final stages of sorting through what baby will need first and storing away what baby will grow into later :-)

I am wanting to get a little more rest when I can.  I know I love my sleep and will find the next few months a big challenge as we welcome our baby and settle in as a little family.  I have been pacing my energy as the weeks and months tick by.  But am also excited as October nears.

I need to stay on top of running our household now I am home more.  I love making our home nice for my hubby and 2 dogs to welcome  him when he returns home after school.  I want to keep this up so our transition from newlyweds (2 years married last July) and from being just a couple (6 years last Friday) to becoming a family unit when Baby is ready to arrive.

My husband is a year 3/4 teacher in a Catholic school.  We met at work and even team taught/ shared a classroom together last year.  He is year 3/4s this year/  Last year, we shared a year 4/5 class.  Some days the kids even confused us: Mr. & Mrs. B. and we worked on different days.  It was funny to be called Mr. B sometimes :-)  Hubby is now halfway through the third 10 week block of teaching this term.  Baby is due in October around the school 2 week holidays.  This could make for an interetsing end of Term 3 beginning and Term 4 with student-parents-teacher interviews too.

Hope my TpT friends in USA are enjoying the end of summer weather.  Hope my Aussie TpT freinds are celebrating the warmer sunshine (particularly as the world is swept up in the ICE BUCKET challenge to raise awareness and fundraise for AIS).  My hubby completed his video on Sunday just before the sun was setting :-)

Happy teaching and learning,

No comments:

Post a Comment